Had a fun chat with fellow Flowmaster Jason Ackerman, whose a CF-L4 and 3x affiliate owner, over at Best Hour of Their Day.
The name of the podcast sorta says it all — it’s for coaches who are committed to the craft and who want to bring that mindset to every interaction they have at the gym.
We believe that coaches are the backbone of a community and the creators of culture.
And, as coaches, it’s our job to try to make someone’s time with us the best hour of their day.
So, I was stoked to talk with others who care so much.
Here’s a general picture of some topics we hit on:
- Circumcision 🤔
- Building confidence as a coach, especially when you’re coaching people who are better athletes than you are.
- How to develop the skills linked to emotional intelligence and connecting on a personal level. (Yes, these are skills where you can build capacity.)
- How our vision and values set us apart from some other programs out there
- Our unique experience as both coach developers and session planners
- Why it’s so important to get your coaches to buy-in to whatever program you’re using