I recently spoke with David Tao of the BarBend Podcast about:
- What I look for in great coaching
- My experience with the L1, L2, L3 and L4
- How word-of-mouth marketing is even more important now that CF has shut down some of their social media accounts
- My thoughts on the 2019 Games
- Why I think some people in the community dislike the competition side of things
One of the most interesting parts of the conversation, for me, happened right at the end when we talk about living “the good life.” I’m still learning, still growing, so don’t hold me to this forever, but something that’s been pretty transformational for me in the past several years is my mindset around the word “happy” and what it takes to live in that state. Here’s where I’m at now: It’s not about adding happiness to your life. It’s about removing things that make you unhappy. It’s a minimalist approach that is about creating more space, not packing life even more full. So, I’m trying not to add more stuff to make myself happy. I’m removing the people, things, processes and systems that make me unhappy (as best I can).
If you’re into giving it a listen, here’s the podcast episode. Oh, and if you’re more of a reader, they include transcripts below the audio player that makes it super easy to read the interview.